Sunday, March 5, 2017

Long Distance Running Day



For Family Night last week we did our long distance running day. We talked to the kids about how running helps their heart and will help them live longer, then we told them about the world records in the mile, the four minute mile barrier, ultramarathons, and the fact that their uncles and aunt had run 26 miles straight. That got them in the mood to time their one mile time. They did it in about 16/19 minutes. Simeon got angry that Christian was so far ahead of him, but I explained to him that the real test will be when he can run faster than Christian's 16 minutes when he's as old as Christian. At one point it was getting dark and I couldn't see Christian so I wanted to cut it short, but exhausted Simeon insisted on going until he was where Christian was.

Future

When they get older it would be fun to go on family runs. Also, Chariots of Fire is on the must-watch list, but that might be more appropriate for sprinting day. Completing a marathon in a decent time is on my bucket list, but for now I'm going to focus on weight lifting while I have such easy access to weight equipment.


No comments:

Post a Comment